- Collected Data
To enable Q-Online to function and interact with our customers, it is essential to collect or process some aspects of people’s personal data, including, but not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Your name, job title and company worked for
- Contact details such as address, email and phone numbers
- Demographic information, such as post code, preferences and interests
- Other information relating to surveys and/or offers or competitions
We also collect data from your visits to our website, such as traffic data, location data, weblogs and more to help us analyse our online marketing.
We use the data to understand your needs and help us provide a better service. It is especially helpful for:
- Improving our products and services
- Creating distribution lists for promotional communications, including competitions, offers, new products and company updates
- Market research and statistical analysis
We advise you to take precautions and look at the privacy policies applicable to any external sites you may wish to visit.
We may collect information, or ‘cookies’ regarding your computer to help us with statistical analysis and record how our website is used. Any information shared in this way is purely mathematical data about our visitors and how they use our site. It does not reveal or share any personal details.
When you visit a website using cookies, these are downloaded to your computer without prompting. Cookie files are stored on your hard drive and the information they contain helps us improve our site and services. All computers can block cookies via the applicable browser settings, which are normally found under the ‘options’ menu. Note, however, that if you decline cookies you may not be able to access all areas of our website.
- Use of Information
Any information that we collect about our visitors is stored and used for the sole purpose of enabling us to offer better services to our customers. More specifically, we may use the collected data as follows:
- To respond to your request for information or to fulfil any requests made by you that are directly related to our products and services
- To send you details of products and services that may be of interest to you, based on our previous communications – with your prior consent
- To provide you with important updates, such as structural changes to our website or modifications to our products and services
- To allow third parties to contact you regarding goods or services that you may be interested in – again only with your prior consent
You have the right to decline to be contacted by us or by third parties and we will provide you with the opportunity to remove your permission at any stage in your communications with us. We will not allow third parties to use your data for marketing purposes if you have expressly withdrawn your consent.
While we will never share identifying data with third parties, we may on occasion provide external organisations with non-identifying statistics about our website’s visitors.
In cases where we are legally required to share personal data, e.g. to prevent or investigate credit risks, frauds or other crimes, we will be under legal obligation to comply with the authorities and therefore the situation will move out of our control.
- Data Storage
We store all personal data on secure servers. Any transaction details will be encrypted for further security. We advise you, however, that no information transmitted via the internet is ever 100% secure. Therefore, a complete safety guarantee for data sent electronically is not possible to provide. You submit your information online at your own risk, however we will do everything in our power to protect any data that you entrust to us, or that is collected when you visit our website. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of any passwords or sensitive data that is provided to you during your dealings with Q-Online Ltd.
- Get in touch