When it comes to content strategy for your business, you should always keep in mind the basic idea of getting away from random acts of social — and using social media as a series of shows. A Facebook show, an Instagram show, a LinkedIn show, a podcast show. It’s all about consistency and trying to build a loyal audience that could follow your brand no matter what. And this is the core value of podcasts: episodic, repeatable content that you continue to execute on in that particular platform.
They’ve rapidly become the radio for the internet age, and every week, hundreds of thousands of podcasts pump out episodes on every conceivable subject for an appreciative audience all over the world.
There are 700,000 podcasts right now around the world, in the podcast ecosystem.
Podcasting is recording strong growth in the UK, with the most recent Ofcom data showing that 7.1m people listen to podcasts each week – equal to one in eight of the total population. Moreover, this figure increased by 24% from 2018 to 2019 and has more than doubled in the past five years. As part of their in-depth survey of media consumption, Ofcom also found that half of the podcast listeners began listening in the last two years, and regular podcast users listen to seven podcasts per week, indicating that, for many people, podcasts are now an essential part of their daily lives.
It is obvious why audio storytelling is on the rise.
· It’s a huge market searching for content in all kinds of niches. No matter what your niche or brand is about, there are probably people looking for podcasts about that niche.
· Podcasts are so easy to consume nowadays. Everyone walks around with a little computer in their pocket with a headphone jack, and they can listen to a podcast anytime while you are driving, while you are exercising, while you are cleaning, while you are working.
· You can connect with your audience on a deeper level. Research shows that 85% of people who start a podcast finish that podcast. That’s much content to be consumed, knowing that podcasts are typically 30, 46, 60 minutes or more. Youtube videos, social media posts, blog articles, that type of content is not consumed the way that podcasts are. So you have so much time to connect with your audience, to educate and inspire them.
· You can even make money with your podcast, through advertisers and sponsorships, affiliate marketing, selling your products and services or through donations. There are a lot of potential sponsors who want to get in front of your listeners and willing to pay a premium price.
· You can genuinely create raving fans for you and your brand. The messages and reviews you are going to get from podcasts listeners will be unique.
Make people listen by creating useful content. The most obvious way to take advantage of the podcast craze is of course to start your podcast. The key here is to find something you’re passionate and knowledgeable about that. If your content is compelling enough, chances are you will find an audience.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4 / 5. Vote count: 2